Client Care Services Coordinator Job Description:
This is a part time non-exempt position. Salary varies with experience
Job Summary: This position focuses on supervising, directing, planning and coordinating a variety of service functions that are related to the front desk operations at a veterinary clinic.These functions include reception, maintenance of veterinary medical records, accounts maintenance, cash processing, ordering of supplies and data entry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct a variety of administrative and public relation duties which facilitate the work of the
practitioners, technicians, and assistants who directly or indirectly provide patient care.
- Ensure the screening and assembly of veterinary records and files for active use, storage of
disposal in accordance with the established records control schedules.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation and coverage of the receptionist’s work schedule.
- Receive/oversee the receipt of telephone calls and clients.
- Oversee auditing charts of completeness of information.
- Perform/oversee the entering of daily business and hospital invoices.
- Assist in ongoing developing of methods for improvement, for both efficiency, productivity and
- Provide back-up assistance as needed in the on-going needs of the practice on a daily basis.
- 2 years of secondary education or 4 years of veterinary work experience, or a suitable combination therein.
Other knowledge skills and abilities:
- Knowledgeable regarding federal and state animal health laws, and regulations, including OHSA.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures, both written and implied
- Knowledge of spelling and meaning of commonly used veterinary terminology.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong decision making skills, particularly in hectic environments/ triage. Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hazards associated with aggressive patients; hazards associated with infected animals and controlled substances; exposure to unpleasant odors and noises; exposure to bites, scratches and animal wastes; possible exposure to contagious diseases.