Certified X-Ray Technician Job Description:
This is a full time non-exempt position. Salary varies with experience.
This position focus on assisting the veterinarian and veterinarian technician on medical and lay responsibilities in a clinical setting. This position also expects assistance with clients and clerical responsibilities both intake and discharge as circumstances dictate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collecting and recording patients’ case histories
- Performing initial exams
- Taking and developing x-rays
- Collecting samples and performing laboratory tests
- Administering anesthesia
- Assisting in surgery
- Feeding, exercising animals
- Cleaning and setting up equipment
- Answering incoming telephone calls
- Scheduling appointments
- Patient intake and discharge
- Invoicing/ payment collections
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a veterinary clinic or other animal/medical setting. If X-ray certification is not current, employee will have 60 days to complete.
- Working in a veterinarian clinic is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is also required with this position
Other knowledge skills and abilities:
- Knowledgeable regarding federal and state animal health laws, and regulations, including OHSA.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures, both written and implied
- Knowledge of spelling and meaning of commonly used veterinary terminology.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Strong decision making skills, particularly in hectic environments/ triage.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hazards associated with aggressive patients; hazards associated with infected animals and controlled substances; exposure to unpleasant odors and noises; exposure to bites, scratches and animal wastes; possible exposure to contagious diseases.