We are seeking a Certified Veterinary Technician to be an integral part of our team at Barlow Trail Vet Clinic. Your expertise will be essential in delivering high-quality, affordable healthcare to our patients. This position focuses on assisting the veterinarian and veterinary technician with medical and lay responsibilities in a clinical setting. This position also expects assistance with clients and clerical management,, both intake and discharge, as circumstances dictate.
Beyond work, you’ll be living in a nature lover’s paradise. From exploring the Cascade Range to strolling along the serene Oregon coast, your off-duty hours will be as rewarding as your work within the clinic.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collecting and recording patients’ case histories
- Performing initial exams
- Taking and developing X-rays
- Collecting samples and performing laboratory tests
- Administering anesthesia
- Assisting in surgery
- Feeding and exercising animals
- Cleaning and setting up equipment
- Answering incoming telephone calls
- Scheduling appointments
- Patient intake and discharge
- Invoicing/ payment collections
- At least two years of experience working in a veterinary clinic or other animal/medical setting. If X-ray certification is not current, the employee will have 60 days to complete it.
- Experience working in a veterinary clinic is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary varies with experience.